Registration is located just off the main Lobby by the Emergency Department. Please remember to bring your Ontario Health Card and pertinent insurance information with you when you register.
During your admission, you will receive an identification bracelet to be worn at all times. Your identification bracelet is our means of identifying you for treatment, medication and emergency purposes. Please do not remove it from your wrist.
Your physician will advise you when you may go home. Please make necessary transportation arrangements with a family member or friend. Ensure that you have all of your belongings and hospital cards, as well as aftercare instructions and prescriptions as needed. It is important that you understand all the instructions about your medication, diet, activity and return appointments. If you have any questions, a member of your health care team will assist you.
What to Bring/What NOT to Bring
· Your Ontario Health Card with you
· Your own toiletries including toothbrush, toothpaste, hand soap, shampoo, tissues, deodorant, razor and cream, comb and brush
· Your own pajamas, a robe, slippers and your own pillow if you wish
· Any aids you use such as canes, walkers, wheelchairs, hearing aids, dentures, and eyeglasses (be sure to have your name labeled on all of these items)
· All current medications you are taking in their original containers
· The Kirkland and District Hospital cannot accept responsibility for loss or damages to personal articles or money left in your hospital room or on your person. A bank machine is located in the main lobby if you require funds. If you have jewelry, credit cards or large sums of money with you, please ask a family member or friend to take them home. Monies can kept in safekeeping at Central Registry if necessary.
If your condition permits, you will receive a visit from the Dietary Department with the daily menu choices. If you follow a special diet, please inform the nursing staff on admission. If you would like to talk to a dietician while you are here, please let your health care provider know.
The Hospitality Network in partnership with the Kirkland and District Hospital, is pleased to provide patients with personal beside television rental service.
Daily Rate: $10
To order service dial 777 from your patient bedside phone, a Call Centre Agent will activate your TV. If you are calling from outside of the hospital or from a cell phone please dial 1-866-223-3686 to be connected to our Call Centre. Please have the patient room and bed number ready when calling.
You can also order service online by following this link:
Call Centre Hours:
Monday – Friday: 08:30am – 10:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 10:30am – 8:00pm
We accept Visa, and MasterCard
- All prices are subject to applicable taxes. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- Payment is due upon activation and renewal.
- Services are non-refundable and non-transferable to another patient.